- كونا ئارخىپلار: < 2013- يىلىدىن بۇرۇنقى مەزمۇنلار > < 2014- يىلىدىن 2015- يىلغىچە بولغان مەزمۇنلار >
- 1 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 2 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 3 The visual editor is coming to this wiki
- 4 Uyghur is missing
- 5 Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon
- 6 Completion suggestor
- 7 Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- 8 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 9 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 10 ئوسمان تۆمۈر
- 11 Server switch 2016
- 12 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 13 Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
- 14 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 15 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 16 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 17 Open call for Project Grants
- 18 The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days
- 19 Save/Publish
- 20 The visual editor is now active here
- 21 WikiTurkic
- 22 Wikipedia to the Moon working phase
- 23 New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)
- 24 RevisionSlider
- 25 Grants to improve your project
- 26 Creative Commons 4.0
- 27 Editing news n.3-2016
- 28 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)
- 29 Password reset
- 30 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 31 New way to edit wikitext
- 32 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 33 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 34 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![تەھرىر]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[تەھرىر]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
The visual editor is coming to this wiki[تەھرىر]
Hello. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
مىنىڭ ئىسمىم بولسا Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm here to let you know that the visual editor is coming to editors at this Wikipedia soon. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "Beta" in your preferences. Choose "كۆرۈنمە تەھرىرلىگۈچ" ۋە بېسىپ ساقلاڭ. When it is enabled, you will press the "تەھرىر" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "مەنبە تەھرىر".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "بۇ بەتنى تەرجىمە قىل". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English, side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
Uyghur is missing[تەھرىر]
Uyghur is missing from this page:
More than 100 languages are now listed.
Thank you, Varlaam (سۆزلىشىش) 15:56, 14 فېۋرال 2016 (UTC)
Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon[تەھرىر]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
This is a reminder that the visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia soon. As of this writing, the team is not aware of any issues specific to this language that should prevent the new software to be deployed here; therefore, please do let us know if you find any problems instead. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that you can follow (as if it was a "checklist") to learn about the community work necessary to adapt the visual editor, and its referencing system in particular, to your community's needs.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links below, as this language still has 0% progress in translations (0% or slightly above, for interface messages). You'll help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. After you click on any links, your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The user guide lives at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account. You're welcome to contact me personally whenever you need help.
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[تەھرىر]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:30, 17 مارت 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[تەھرىر]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:47, 31 مارت 2016 (UTC)
مەن بۇ سېستىمىنى ئۆزگەرتىشتىن مەسلىخەت سورىماقچى ئىدىم. بۇ بەتنىڭ سېستىمىسىنى ئۆزگەرتىش ھەم تەڭشەش ئىشلىرىنى قىلىۋاتقانلار بىلەن قانداق ئالاقىلشىمەن؟
قانداق سۇئال تەكلىپلىرىڭىز بولسا، مۇشۇ يەرگە يېزىپ قويۇڭ. بۇ بەتنىڭ ئۆزگەرتىش، تەرجىمە ۋە بەزى ئىقتىدار قوشۇش ئىشلىرىنى مەن بىر مەزگىل قىلغان، بىراق ۋەتەندە ھازىر بۇ بەتكە كىرگىلى بولمايدۇ. شۇڭا تاشلىنىپ قالدى. ئەگەر سىستېمىنى ئۆزگەرتىش ئويىڭىز بولسا قارشى ئالىمىز. Wiki قائىدىسى ۋە ئۇيغۇر تىلى قائىدىسىگە ئەمەل قىلغان ئاساستا قانداق ئۆزگەرتىش ئېلىپ بارسىڭىز بولىدۇ. بۇ بىر ئەركىن سورۇن. ئەگەر ياردىمىم كېرەك بولسا ياردىمىمنى ئايىمايمەن.Abdumejid (سۆزلىشىش) 09:05, 3 ئاپرېل 2016 (UTC)
تۆمۈر خەلىپە ۋە ئۇنىڭ نەسەبلىرىنىڭ مەنبەسىنى سۈرۈشتە قىلىشقا توغرا كەلسە، گەپنى قۇمۇلنىڭ ھازىرقى بوغاز يېزىسىدىن باشلاشقا توغرا كېلىدۇ. بۇ يېزا قەدىمدە " تار بوغاز" دەپ ئاتالغانىكەن. بوغاز يېزىسىنىڭ يېرى قۇملۇق ۋە قىزىل تۇپراقلىق بولۇپ، دېڭىز يۈزىدىن تۆۋەن بولغاچقا، ھاۋاسى قۇرغاق ئىسسىق كېلىدۇ. تېرېقچىلىقىمۇ باشقا يېزىلارغا نىسبەتەن بالدۇر باشلىنىدۇ. بۇيېزا قۇمۇلنىڭ جەنۇبىغا 25 كىلو مېتىر كېلىدۇ. 1870ـ يىلى ياقۇپبەگ بەدۆلەت كورلىنى مەركەز قىلىپ تۇرپان، پىچانلارغا مالىمانچىلىق سالغاندا، كۆپلىگەن كىشىلەر پانالىق ئىزدىشىپ قۇمۇلغا كەلگەن بولۇپ، بۇ كىشىلەرنىڭ ئىچىدە سۇۋۇر دېگەن كىشى قورايغا، ئورۇق سۇۋۇر دېگەن كىشى يۇقۇرىن ئاقيەرگە، تالىپ، بۆكى يامان راشىدىن ھاجى ۋە بۆكى يامان قۇربان ھاجىلار بوغازغا ئورۇنلاشقان. يىللارنىڭ ئۆتىشى بىلەن قورايدىكى سۈۋۈر يالغۇز ئوغلى يۈسۈپنى بوغازدىكى تالىپنىڭ چوڭ قىزى راھىلەگە ئۆيلىگەن. تالىپ 2- قىزى رابىخاننى يۇقۇرى ئاقيەردىكى ئورۇق سۇۋۇرگە ياتلىق قىلغان، ئۇلار بىر ئوغۇللۇق بولغان. ئۇنىڭ ئىسمى ئىبراھىم بولۇپ، ھازىر 80 ياشتىن ھالقىغان بولسىمۇ. يېنى ساغلام تۇرماقتا. تالىپ ئىشچان بولغانلىقى ئۈچۈن، بوغازنىڭ شىمالىي ئېتىكىدە بېنەم ئېچىپ كۆكەرتكەن. شۇ چاغلاردا ئۇنىڭ يالغۇز ئوغلى قازا قىلغان. شۇندىن كېيىن تالىپ قورۇ-جايلىرىنى قىزلىرىغا بۆلۈپ بېرىپ، يۇقۇرى ئاقيەرگە كۆچۈپ كەتكەن. سۈۋۈرنىڭ يالغۇز ئوغلى يۈسۈپنىڭ مىجەزىگە قاراپ كىشىلەر " يۈسۈپ تۇڭگان" دەپ لەقەم قويۇۋالغان. يۈسۈپ راھىلەدىن ئىككى ئوغۇللۇق بولغان. چوڭىنى تۆمۈر، كىچىكىنى شاكىر، دەپ ئاتىغان. ئۇلار 15- 16 ياشلارغا كىرگەندە يۈسۈپ ئەر-ئايال تەڭلا قازا قىلىدۇ. شۇ چاغلار دەل تورپاقلار قوزغىلىڭى دەۋرى بولۇپ، قۇمۇل ۋاڭى تۆمۈرنى چوڭ گۇنا ئۆتكۈزدى، دەپ بوغازغا پالايدۇ. تۆمۈر شۇندىن كېيىن بۇ يېزىدا ياغاچچىلىق ھۈنىرىنى ئۆگىنىپ، شۇنىڭ بىلەن تىرىكچىلىك قىلىدۇ، ھەم دىنىي ئوقۇشىنىمۇ تاشلىمايدۇ. ئۇ كېيىنكى كۈنلەردە زىكرى-سۆھبەتچىلەرگە خەلىپە بولۇپ قالغان. ئۇ بوۋىسى تالىپتىن قالغان يەرگە بىر يۈرۈش سۇ تۈگمىنى ياساپ بوغازلىقلارنى ئۇن بىلەن تەمىنلىگەن.تۆمۈر ئۆيلىنىپ ئىككى قىز تاپقان، چوڭ قىزى نىيازخان 4 ياش، كىچىك قىزى رابىيە 2 ياشقا كىرگەندە ئايالى قازا قىلىدۇ. شۇنىڭ بىلەن ئۇ بوغازدىكى زېمىنىنىڭ بىر قىسمىنى بۆكى يامان راشىدىن ھاجى ۋە بۆكى يامان قۇربان ھاجىغا 30 قوشقارغا تېگىشىپ، كىچىك قىزى رابىيەنى چوڭگۇباتلىق سۇۋۇر قۇرمالغا بېرىپ، چوڭ قىزى نىيازخاننى ئېلىپ قورايغا كۆچۈپ كەتكەن. تۆمۈر قورايدا قايتا ئۆيلىنىپ، باسىىت ئىسىملىك بىر ئوغۇللۇق بولغان. باسىت 12 ياشقا كىرگەندە ئىلىدىكى مانجۇ ئەمەلدارلىرىنىڭ زۇلۇمىغا قارشى ياڭ زەيشۈي باشچىلىقىدىكى قوزغىلاڭ يۈز بېرىدۇ. ئۈرۈمچىدىكى باش مۇپەتتىش يۈەن داخۇا قوزغىلاڭنى باستۇرۇشقا كۆزى يەتمەي، شىنجاڭدىكى فېئودال ۋاڭلاردىن ھەربىي ياردەم سورايدۇ. بۇنىڭغا جاۋابەن قۇمۇل ۋاڭى شامەخسۇت قۇمۇل ئۇيغۇرلىرىدىن 500 ئاتلىق قوشۇن تەييارلاپ ئالدى بىلەن 300 كىشىنى يولغا سالىدۇ. 1- تۈركۈمدىكى ئەسكەركلەر بەششار ۋە قۇمۇلدىن ئېلىنغان بولۇپ، 2- تۈركۈمى قۇمۇل 12 تاغدىن كەلتۈرۈلگەننىدى. بۇ ئەسكەرلەر تۆمۈر خەلىپە، ئامانقۇل، جامال ۋە سالمانلار باشچىلىقىدا تەشكىللىنىپ يولغا چىقىپ، لودۇڭغا يېقىنلاشقاندا كەينىگە قاراپ نەيزە ئۇرىدۇ. لودۇڭدىن يانغان بۇ ئوت كۆشۈتىگە يېتىپ كەلگۈچە چوڭ يالقۇنغا ئايلىنىدۇ.
«تۇترۇقسىز ئوت بولماس، نۇقسانسىز يىگىت» دېگەندەك، تۆمۈر خەلىپە تەقۋادار دىنىي زات بولغانلىقى ئۈچۈن لى شۇفۇ ئىسىملىك خۇيزۇ ھەربىنىڭ ھىيلە-نەيرەڭلىرىگە ئىشىنىپ ئالدىنىپ قېلىپ، سەۋەنلىكى ئۆز بېشىغا چىققان. جۈملىدىن شۇ چاغنىڭ ئۇيغۇر، تۇڭگان ئاخۇنلىرى بىلەن ھەسەن ھاجى قاتارلىق يۇرت كاتتىلىرىنىڭ ئارىغا كىرىشى بىلەن قوزغىلاڭ تىنچلاندۇرۇلغان ھەمدە تۆمۈر خەلىپە ئۈرۈمچى لومەنچىڭدىكى 3- ئاتلىق باتالىيونغا كوماندېر بولىدۇ. 1913- يىلى 9- ئاينىڭ 5- كۈنى قولغا ئېلىنىپ قەتلى قىلىنىدۇ، بېشى ئۈرۈمچىنىڭ جەنۇبىي قوۋۇقى ( نەنمىن) غا ئېسىلىپ، سازايى قىلىنغاندىن كېيىن، قۇمۇلغا ئاپىرىپ، قۇمۇل كوناشەھەر دەرۋازىسىغىمۇ ئېسىپ قويۇلغان. تۆمۈرگە ئەگىشىپ چىققان بىر قىسىم كىشىلەرمۇ ئامان قالمىغان. ئۇلارنى يۇرتىغا قايتۇرىمىز دېگەن باھانىدا قورالسىزلاندۇرۇپ، گۇچۇڭ ناھىيىسىنىڭ چوڭ تاش دائىرىسىدىكى تاغ ئىچىگە يېتىپ كەلگەندە، ياڭ زېڭشىننىڭ پىستۇرمىسىغا چۈشۈپ قىرىپ تاشلانغان. تۆمۈر خەلىپە ئۈرۈمچىگە ئېلىپ كېتىلگەندىن كېيىن، قۇمۇلدا قالغان بىر قىسىم كىشىلەر " قاراقچىلاردىن مۇداپىئەلىنىش" دېگەن باھانە بىلەن ئەنشىگە يۆتكەلگەن، ئۇلار شىڭشىڭشاغا يېتىپ كەلگەندە گەنسۇ چېرىكلىرى تەرىپىدىن تىرىك كۆمۈۋېتىلگەن. شاكىر، ئىمىن، جامال، ئەمەت سېيىت، ئابدۇللا قاتارلىقلار تۇرپانغا ئېلىپ بېرىلىپ ئۆلتۈرۈلگەن. شامەخسۇت ۋاڭ«تۆمۈرنىڭ جەمەتىدىن بىرنىمۇ قالدۇرماسلىق كېرەك» دەپ جار سالغان. بۇ خەۋەرنى ئاڭلىغان راھەتباغ يېزا چاڭغۇ مەھەللىلىك ساقال ئەزىمەت دېگەن كىشى باشقىلارغا تۇيدۇرماستىن قورايغا چىقىپ، باسىتنى ئېلىپ كېتىپ 7 - 8 يىل تەربىيىلىگەن، بۇ ئىشنى ئىرغايتىلىق ئاۋۇت دورغا سېزىپ قېلىپ ئوردىغا مەلۈم قىلغان. بۇ خەۋەرنى ئالدىن بىلىۋالغان ئەزىمەت بوۋاي باسىتنى بىر ئات بىلەن ئۇنىڭغا يېتەرلىك پۇل ۋە ئوزۇق-يۈلۈك بېرىپ قاچۇرىۋەتكەن. شۇنىڭ بىلەن باسىت جىمىسار ۋە گۇچۇڭلاردا پانالانغاچ دىنىي بىلىم ئالغان ۋە شامەىسۇت ۋاڭنىڭ ئۆلگەنلىك خەۋىرىنى ئاڭلىغاندىن كېيىن، قۇمۇلغا قايتىپ، پالۋانتۇر يېزا كونا ئائىلىلىكلەر مەھەللىسىدىكى مەسچىتكە ئىمام بولىدۇ. ئۇ 1980- يىلى ئالەمدىن ئۆتتى. ئۇنىڭ ئايۇپ، ئابلەت، ئىمىن قاتارلىق ئوغۇللىرى ۋە بىرنەچچە قىزلىرى بار. بوغاز يېزىسىنىڭ شىمالىدىكى قۇم داۋاندىن چۈشۈپ مەھەللىنىڭ جەنۇبىغا قاراپ كەتكەن يولنىڭ ئىككى تەرىپىدىكى يەرلەر "ساي پارچا" دەپ ئاتالغان بولۇپ، بۇ يەردىكى تېرىلغۇ تەرلەر، ئۈجمە دەرىخى ۋە ۋەيران بولۇپ كەتكەن سۇ تۈگمىنىنى كىشىلەر ھازىرمۇ يەنىلا << تۆمۈر خەلىپە>> نامى بىلەن ئاتىشىپ كەلمەكتە.
Server switch 2016[تەھرىر]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 21:08, 17 ئاپرېل 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon[تەھرىر]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:35, 21 ئاپرېل 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun[تەھرىر]
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:31, 10 ئىيۇن 2016 (UTC)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[تەھرىر]
Please help translate to your language
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki, which you may already seen in the latest issue of Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the coming week for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk) 14:01, 24 ئىيۇن 2016 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[تەھرىر]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-04:21, 28 ئىيۇن 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[تەھرىر]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 14:10, 1 ئىيۇل 2016 (UTC)
Open call for Project Grants[تەھرىر]
Please help translate to your language:
- Greetings! The Project Grants program is accepting proposals from July 1st to August 2nd to fund new tools, research, offline outreach (including editathon series, workshops, etc), online organizing (including contests), and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers.
- Whether you need a small or large amount of funds, Project Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Also accepting candidates to join the Project Grants Committee through July 15.
- With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:25, 5 ئىيۇل 2016 (UTC)
The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days[تەھرىر]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
As per previous announcements in the past months, the visual editor (كۆرۈنمە تەھرىرلىگۈچ) will be enabled at this Wikipedia in some days. It allows people to edit articles as if they were using a typical word processor. Here's a quick explanation of what is going to happen: you can find a more detailed one, with pictures, at mediawiki.org.
- What's changing?
- In the new system, you get a single edit tab which follows your preferences, and that therefore will launch the wikitext editor or the visual editor depending on which one you opened the last (Remember my last editor).
This applies to everyone who edited recently, including anonymous users.
- How do I switch to the other editor then?
- Buttons on the toolbars of both editors were added months ago so that you can switch from one to the other every time you want to, without losing your changes and without having to save first.
The button, located on the right side of the toolbar, looks like square brackets ([[ ]]) in the visual editor, and like a pencil () in the wikitext editor.
- Are there other options available?
- Yes. You can choose whether you want:
- Always give me the visual editor if possible (if you temporarily switch to the wikitext editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it; also, it only applies to namespaces where the visual editor is available).
- Always give me the source editor (if you temporarily switch to the visual editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it)
- Show me both editor tabs (a system in place at multiple wikis since 2013. You are familiar with this option if you have been using the visual editor here.)
- Please note: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- How do I set my preference?
- If you want to try or to stay in the new system: you don't need to do anything.
- If you had explicitly disabled the visual editor in the past and want to keep it disabled: you don't need to do anything.
- All the registered users have a dropdown menu in the Editing tab of their Preferences (تەھرىر --> Editing mode:), where they can choose from. This only needs to be done once. Don't forget to save ;)
- Users with the visual editor disabled need to re-enable it if they're interested in accessing that menu!
- People who use the visual editor regularly will see a pop-up (only once after the single edit tab system is introduced), and they can choose their favorite setting there. Of course, they can change their mind at any time just like the others, and pick a different setting from their Preferences.
- Anonymous users who have used the visual editor recently will also be able to choose which editor they want to edit with.
- Reminder: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- Final remarks
- Please spread the word about this major change in any way that you deem appropriate for this community. Please note it will affect all the registered users at first, and after one week or so it will reach logged-out contributors as well if no major technical issues have arisen.
- Please do let us know about any anomalies you think you're experiencing, and do post any other feedback here. I'd like to thank everyone who will walk an extra mile to make the transition easier for this community, and whoever will help me processing feedback in your language.
- You can learn more about optimizing the visual editor experience here by reading a guide on mediawiki.org, which was recently rewritten.
The visual editor is now active here[تەھرىر]
Hello again. This message is only available in English at this time: Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (كۆرۈنمە تەھرىرلىگۈچ) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose/go back to your favorite setting, please see my previous announcement above. If you wish to change your editing system preferences now, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> تەھرىر --> Editing mode:.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "Visual edit" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
Happy editing! Respectfully, Elitre (WMF) 15:43, 10 ئاۋغۇست 2016 (UTC)
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here. Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
- Just a heads-up that rollout of the visual editor on this wiki is complete, as it is also available to logged-out editors now. Please refer to my previous messages for details. You can read the "checklist" that is being written to help communities like yours in their process of adapting the visual editor to their customs and needs. Best, Elitre (WMF) 16:19, 17 ئاۋغۇست 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon working phase[تەھرىر]
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[تەھرىر]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:39, 30 ئاۋغۇست 2016 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 15:08, 12 سىنتەبىر 2016 (UTC)
Grants to improve your project[تەھرىر]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0[تەھرىر]
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 01:34, 6 ئۆكتەبىر 2016 (UTC)
Editing news n.3-2016[تەھرىر]
Sorry for the delay in delivering this newsletter!
- Change or add a community page where the next issue is delivered
- Sign up personally
- Volunteer to provide translations in the future
Since the last newsletter, the VisualEditor Team has mainly worked on a new wikitext editor. They have also released some small features and the new map editing tool. Their workboard is available in Phabricator. You can find links to the list of work finished each week at mw:VisualEditor/Weekly triage meetings. Their current priorities are fixing bugs, releasing the 2017 wikitext editor as a beta feature, and improving language support.
- You can now set text as small or big.
- Invisible templates have been shown as a puzzle icon. Now, the name of the invisible template is displayed next to the puzzle icon. A similar feature will display the first part of hidden HTML comments.
- Categories are displayed at the bottom of each page. If you click on the categories, the dialog for editing categories will open.
- At many wikis, you can now add maps to pages. Go to the Insert menu and choose the "Maps" item. The Discovery department is adding more features to this area, like geoshapes. You can read more at mediawiki.org.
- The "Save" button now says "Save page" when you create a page, and "Save changes" when you change an existing page. In the future, the "بەت ساقلا" button will say "Publish page". This will affect both the visual and wikitext editing systems. More information is available on Meta.
- Image galleries now use a visual mode for editing. You can see thumbnails of the images, add new files, remove unwanted images, rearrange the images by dragging and dropping, and add captions for each image. Use the "Options" tab to set the gallery's display mode, image sizes, and add a title for the gallery.
The visual editor will be offered to all editors at the remaining 10 "Phase 6" Wikipedias during the next month. The developers want to know whether typing in your language feels natural in the visual editor. Please post your comments and the language(s) that you tested at the feedback thread on mediawiki.org. This will affect several languages, including Thai, Burmese and Aramaic.
The team is working on a modern wikitext editor. The 2017 wikitext editor will look like the visual editor and be able to use the citoid service and other modern tools. This new editing system may become available as a Beta Feature on desktop devices in October 2016. You can read about this project in a general status update on the Wikimedia mailing list.
Let's work together[تەھرىر]
- Do you teach new editors how to use the visual editor? Did you help set up the Citoid automatic reference feature for your wiki? Have you written or imported TemplateData for your most important citation templates? Would you be willing to help new editors and small communities with the visual editor? Please sign up for the new VisualEditor Community Taskforce.
- If you aren't reading this in your preferred language, then please help us with translations! Subscribe to the Translators mailing list or contact us directly, so that we can notify you when the next issue is ready. Thank you!
—Elitre (WMF) 20:51, 17 ئۆكتەبىر 2016 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)[تەھرىر]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- EBSCO - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (مۇنازىرە) / MediaWiki message delivery (سۆزلىشىش) 00:00, 14 نويابىر 2016 (UTC)
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[تەھرىر]
New way to edit wikitext[تەھرىر]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --19:31, 14 دېكابىر 2016 (UTC)
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[تەھرىر]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[تەھرىر]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)[تەھرىر]
05:09, 18 مارت 2017 (UTC)